The weather is warmer, the holidays are nearing, the Rose is plentiful and the excitement is mounting! You can really feel the buzz around wine country and it’s incredibly joyous to be a part of! Here at Hop on Hop off we love this season! Everyone is excited to be spending the day in wine country and the extra numbers make for an even better ambience and experience!
We do understand that there are new and increased visitors to the region and as such we wanted to put together a list of hints and tips for the perfect wine tour day out (especially during peak season!) Read ahead for our insider’s knowledge:
- Pre booking for wineries is essential: You have probably already read this if you have been anywhere near our website recently. With increased visitor numbers, the return of cruise, multiple christmas parties and lower staffing numbers the demand for wineries is high. We love that tourists are coming back to the area but covid has left a dark mark on New Zealand staffing in general and as such many wineries are running on lower staff than they need and as such they need your pre bookings to plan their scheduling. In order to have the most pleasant and enjoyable experience we recommend that you pre book all the wineries you would like to visit. Also note that most cafes, breweries and some attractions do not require a booking.
- Pre-planning the day: In order to get the most out of your experience we highly recommend using our handy map and timetable, available on our website for each region (https://hoponhopoffwinetours.com/maps-locations/). Steps required for the perfect day include:
- Pre book your ticket on our website
- Read your confirmation email
- Hop on to our website and use the Map and Timetable link (above)
- Read through the description of our ‘Stops’, there are over 20 for each region. One our website we have opening times, contact information, tasting prices and a short blurb for each wineries – this will allow you to decide where you want to go and in what order
- Book your tastings and lunch with your most favourite vineyards in accordance with our timetable
- Turn up on the day and relax as all the pre planning ensures a smooth and hassle free Wine Tour!
- Sit back, relax with a cold glass of Pinot Gris and enjoy!
- Be prepared: As the weather can sometimes be variable we recommend that you choose comfort when visiting the region (no heels are needed!)! Bring a large handbag equipped with water, an umbrella (you never know), sunscreen, insect repellent, a hat and something to freshen up with if desired!
- We will look after any purchases: You are very welcome to store any purchases up front with the driver and we will ensure you receive them back again at the end of the day
- Don’t over do the stops! I know it can be exciting having so many fun-filled stops to choose from, however the last thing you want to do is rush around and spend all day on the bus! We therefore recommend choosing 4 stops for a half day and 5 or 6 stops for a full day. If there are more you would like to visit then book in again for day two!
We hope this article helps to give you some insight on Wine Touring during December to March. The region is a delight at this time due to the weather, more outdoor activities and additional entertainment pre planned by wineries such as live music. It really is a must do! Just remember a little planning goes a long long way!
HoHo your way and enjoy your day!
If you would like to book or have any questions please feel free to give one of our HoHo team members a call on +64 573 5508 or 0800 6937 2273 or email us at email@example.com.